Thursday 16 May 2013

Spending Spree and OCD

This DIY lark has seriously impinged on my spare time and my capacity to get through my To Be Read pile. So much so that I have read only a few chapters of The Naked Sun since before the holiday weekend. That is now complete (and a review will follow, if you can call it a review. It will probably be a synopsis with some commentary on my thoughts) but I really need to up the ante as I have been on ebay again!

When it comes to books my tendencies lean towards OCD. The problem I have (if you can call it a problem) is I Like Books, I Like Them a Lot (substitute Books for Mary).

It is one reason why I don't read using a Kindle type device. It just doesn't feel right. As a book enthusiast rather than a casual reader I would get no pleasure from an electronic version of any of the books in this image.

I think I am turning into a collector too, and will buy or try to buy all of an authors work having read none or only one or two of their books. Partly because I want to read more of their work and partly because I want to have a library where I can pick and choose what I read next. For example I have 9 Robert Heinlein but I am yet to read any, or I have only read The Day of the Triffids but have 7 other John Wyndham to read.

There are over 100 books in my TBR pile not all of which are Sci-Fi, but the majority are. Quite a few are collections of short stories that will be quick reads because of duplication. But at my current rate this would take 4 years to get through, so I'll stop writing now, I can't read and write....

No comments:

Post a Comment